See All Articles
How to Keep Your Energy Up and Your Optimism High
|By: Caroline Sutherland
I am always asked how I keep my energy up, how I maintain great energy and how I stay optimistic even though circumstances would appear otherwise.
Here are my suggestions:
7 Tips to Keep Your Energy Up!
Remember: Mood and energy follow blood sugar so ~ stay away from the sweets. Candy and sweets rob your vital energy:
Keep your energy high. Have a protein snack every 3 hours
- nuts, seeds, a hard boiled egg,
- nut butter on a cracker or
- strips of cold turkey, chicken or beef
- Breathe: Every hour stop and take 10 deep breaths. Go to an open window or a doorway and breathe in some fresh air. Take a short brisk walk if you can.
- Massage the “chi” point on the fleshy part of your thumb which can dispel a headache or foggy thinking. This reminds us that we are all an energy system.
- Place 3 fingers from each hand on your forehead. This brings energy to the frontal lobes ~ the present moment and out of the past. Repeat the affirmation: I am well, healthy, happy and productive.
- B vitamins boost energy: use a sublingual B spray 2 x a day – mid morning and mid afternoon.
- At 3pm avoid coffee – choose herbal tea and a handful of nuts.
- Check in emotionally. Ask the question to whom, where or what am I expending my vital energy?
Remember that life is a process. Something good is always coming. Look for the good in every moment. A feather landing at your feet, a found coin, an unexpected phone call or a visit from a friend is a sign that “The universe is with you.” Storms have come and we have always weathered them. Everything is connected and everyone is a link in the chain of your life. Be the magnet that draws good things into your life.
See All Articles